Friday, June 25, 2010

Music of the Indie Variety

I'd like for you to listen to the following song called "Le Disko" by Shiny Toy Guns.

The story behind this song’s discovery:

I used to work in the central library in my city where there was this one girl who had the oddest personality, but overall was very kind to me and my n00b self. Let’s call her Lizzie. Lizzie was into roller derby, the macabre, and all sorts of odd bands I had never heard of. Lizzie, my friends, was my first encounter with the hipster kind. One day while we were working diligently, as all librarians do when no one is there to watch them, Lizzie popped in a CD (yes, a CD, because we the librarians prefer vintage to iPods) which played the downright oddest songs I’d ever heard. And thanks to Lizzie, I now have one weird song I can power walk to and dance to when I’m feeling down. Ah, girl power at its strangest…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails