Thursday, December 30, 2010

JC Penney, ModCloth, TJ Maxx & Target Haul

Hello everyone! I just returned from some afternoon shopping with my dad. I initially went out to buy hangers because I needed them and ended up purchasing some clothes as well. The ModCloth purchase was for Christmas and I didn't want to post just one thing. The TJ Maxx purchase is from a few weeks ago but I had to have the dress altered so it fit me before I took pictures of it. It was 8 or so inches too large and I loved the dress too much to pass it up. So since we're on the topic of TJ Maxx, let's start with it. Here is the beautiful dress I bought:


Here is a close-up of the pattern:


It's a bubble dress with a sweetheart neckline and elastic at the top and bottom for a snug fit. It came with a belt but I think the belt is much too large, so I'll replace it with a belt I already own or I'll just cut off some of the belt and make it smaller once I fix my sewing machine. Next up, JC Penney and Target. I bought the tights on the left, solid black, from JC Penney, and the fishnets, black, and leopard print tights, grey and black, in the middle and on the right from Target. Everything in the tights section was 50% off at JC Penney!


These are black City Street jeans from JC Penney. They were on sale for half off! =)


Then I got this spaghetti strap floral print top made by Decree. I love their stuff but I usually can't find anything in my size. I was surprised that this not only fit well, but it's very flattering.


And a close-up of the fabric and colors:


Then I got two V-neck t-shirts, one in black and one in white, and a long-sleeve grey leopard print sheer top.


A close-up of the long-sleeve top, because I adore the details on the sleeve ends:


Then I found this cute dress! I've been on a dress kick lately so I have like...twelve dresses now, if not more, and this one goes great with what I found at Target, and the boots I found at ModCloth which you can see at the bottom of this post.


And a close-up of the print (it's floral!) and a more accurate display of the colors:


Here's the boyfriend blazer I found at Target. I LOVE IT! It's going to go so well with my new floral print dress. It's so perfect for my body, too. I originally found this leather jacket at JC Penney but it was something like $70 and that's not my style to buy such expensive stuff. I'm a clearance and $20-or-under girl when it comes to clothes.


And finally, the boots I got from ModCloth! Aren't they just amazing?


So I hope you enjoyed this long haul as much as I enjoyed buying it all. Leave a comment telling me what you liked best, or if you think my pairing of certain items is fashionably appropriate. I might start doing an Outfit of the Day or Outfit of the Week post. We'll see. Have a wonderful day, everyone! And Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the leopard print tights and long sleeve shirt. I also adore the boots! I'd wear those :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails