Monday, July 12, 2010

J.C. Penny Haul

Another shopping trip? So soon after the T.J. Maxx trip? Why, yes, yes indeed! I embarked on a journey to JCP intending to purchase bras, but became sidetracked by the fact that, oh, there was a summer sale where everything was 30-70% off. On the first floor, I discovered the basics, some 2 for $12 tees and tanks (total of $24):
JCP 7/12/10

JCP 7/12/10

A super cute top in one of two colors, olive green and burgundy, that looks great with my skin tone ($10):
JCP 7/12/10

Necklace to go with it ($12):
JCP 7/12/10

And 3-pack earrings to go with it ($12):
JCP 7/12/10

Don't mind the other earrings. That's my earring rack which needs desperately to be organized. You're looking at all the gold pieces, so the owls with red eyes, the hoops, and the leaves. Next, some rad shorts with studs and prints ($10.50):
JCP 7/12/10

And the back:
JCP 7/12/10

Three pairs of jeans, black, grey, and blue, all skinny jeans and all on sale (total of $60):
JCP 7/12/10

Two pairs of shorts to go with my new shirts (total of $16):
JCP 7/12/10

And lastly, one pair of yoga pants ($26):
JCP 7/12/10

Our grand total is $170.50. That seems like a lot but this one trip provided me with enough pants and shorts for a long time. JCP has good quality clothes and I know these will last long. If I lose weight, a belt always works. The pants are all skinny jeans with some stretch so they'll fit for a while, and I can always take them in with a sewing machine if I need to. The shorts have drawstrings so tightening is a possibility.

I admit the jewelry is expensive, but those are lasting pieces. If anything happens to them, if they break or get damaged, I will make junk jewelry from them and wear the pieces that way. The possibilities with upcycling my clothes and jewelry are endless!

Now, this trip means that I won't be going shopping for clothes for quite some time. I might buy a sweater or jacket for winter, but I'm all set for the rest of summer, most of fall, and a good chunk of winter. Then come spring, I'll break out the shorts and wear those.

Alyssa Fact 1: I don't have seasonal clothing, except for shorts. I wear my clothes all year 'round, from jeans and skirts to tank tops and tees. Where I live, we can have all four seasons in one week, so it's best to be prepared. Aside from that, I'm too lazy and frugal to spend the kind of money it takes to constantly purchase only what's in style.

Also, on a side note, I donated four bags of clothes yesterday, along with two bags of books. I feel very happy to have done so! Not only do I now have more closet space, I've helped a specific family in need, and boy were they ecstatic to receive items in such excellent condition. I urge you all to go through your clothes and books and donate to a family in need. =)

And now I will leave you all with another tip on organization.

Closet Organization Tip #2: If you're anything like me, you have clothes everywhere and space to occupy, but no satisfying way to organize your pieces. People organize their clothes in different ways, from everything in their closet, some things in a closet and the rest in drawers, everything in dressers, or utilizing floor space and forgoing a rug. One method of organizing a wardrobe that appeals to me is the color method. Starting with one color, let's say purple, take all the items that are purple and organize them by no sleeves (tube top, tank top, dress) to sleeves (short, long) to heavier sleeves (cardigan, sweater, hoodie). Then take another color, either blue or pink, and repeat the pattern at either side. Dresses fit in because of their sleeve options, but you could have a separate section in your closet for just skirts, just dresses, or just pants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails