Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wish Me Luck!

So as you all are aware, I make jewelry, scarves, clothes, and other handmade goods to sell online at my Etsy shop. However, I have yet to sell anything despite how appealing I try to make my items seem, with their prices as low as they are and their pictures as professional as I attempt to make them.

I found the courage in myself to make business cards and pins, among other essentials for running a business, and today I finally found that courage again and went onto craigslist to search for churches hosting craft shows. I found two that were within 15 minutes of my house and sent e-mails to their managers. I have yet to hear back, but I'm hoping that slots will be available and that I'll be able to buy one. They are being held on two separate Saturdays in October.

This will be my first craft show and I'm looking forward to setting up a display and a table! =)

I may have to make a sign or have one made, and get a nice tablecloth for the table. I want to find some sort of jewelry display and maybe a rack for clothes. I might enlist my father to help me build an all-encompassing display for jewelry, then have some extension piece to hold scarves, belts, cowls, and shirts. Does anyone have any display arrangement ideas? Like should I put place cards with the name of the item I'm selling in groups?

I was thinking I'd have a deal of some sort, like if a person spends more than 25 or 30 dollars, they'll get to pick a pair of earrings or a bracelet for free. And I was hoping I'd be able to stick a business card, a "Buy Handmade" pin, a hand-written Thank You card, and a piece of candy or cookie into little recycled PVC boxes to give out with each purchase. Does that sound like a good idea?

Please wish me luck, you guys! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails